Friday, December 22, 2006

All Is Well

This is our first sonogram, performed this morning. The technician was able to find the baby very quickly with no problems. I guess it's where it's supposed to be! She pointed it out to us, showed us its heart beating, then turned on the sound so we could hear it. Its pulse was 130 beats a minute, which she said was right on.

They drew Kim's blood and took a urine sample to run all the other tests, but Dr Hooi said everything looked great for now. We'll go back once a month until the last month, at which point we'll start going every week.

Kim didn't tell me this yet, but I think I did very well for my first OBGYN appointment. I didn't touch or break anything, and I only made one corny joke (which the Dr. laughed at).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I may not comment often but I plan on checking your site every few days, so know that I am very excited for yall!

Darby said...

How exciting! It's amazing to see the tiny heart beat isn't it?